Timmy joined an industry panel of Hannah Peel, Sarah McBriar, Marion Hawkes & John Walls to talk about the issue around the distinct lack of female producers in electronic music landscape in Northern Ireland. The first part of addressing is understanding what barriers exist, watch the full panel back.
Women’s Work aims to:
- Promote, celebrate and support women by establishing a local network that is open and accessible to all.
- Have a concentrated series of events ‘Women’s Work’ in and around International Women’s Day to ensure greater impact and reach.
- Empower women to take the lead in shaping their own careers by providing advice, signposting and encouraging discussion.
- To lift and inspire aspiring young female artists to get involved knowing there is positive and supportive network locally.
- Help promote cities like Belfast and Derry as forward thinking music cities supporting its artists through a variety of networks and encouraging diversity and by joining with networks in other cities in other countries.
- Link with other groups nationally and internationally.
- Increase awareness and understanding of equality issues facing women.
- Work towards informing key funding and development bodies that may inform future strategy or priorities.